Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lush Caca Rouge Mama Henna on Natural 4C Hair

For my third henna treatment, I am giving Lush Caca Rouge Mama henna a try (first try with this brand). As mentioned in my previous henna post,  I am more interested in henna as a natural way to color my hair.  The conditioning properties are pleasant perks. 
I went for Caca Rouge henna as it is promised to deliver a more red color than other Lush hennas.
 
Throughout this post I will be making comparison's between the Caca Rouge Lush henna and the Henna for African Hair I used in my July treatment (purchased from Mehandi.com)

Uuuhhhhh! This Lush Henna is the ish!!! LOVE IT
OK my hair before henna treatment. You might be able to see some brown highlights on my hair from the (Henna for African hair) treatment done in July.
This is AMAZING. Cost $24.99
I used three blocks. Originally, the representative told me to used 4 blocks...nah... I want 2 full uses from my package..!!! lol
Shrinkage! I washed my hair with a SULFATE shampoo ( I use sulfate shampoo's to wash out silicone products when I use them)
Yadda Yadda, I henna'd my hair, washed it out with a SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO, moisturized my hair, twisted...let dry..then styled! Awesome results... Out of direct sun light my hair looks almost black.
However, in direct sunlight? Shoooooo... BEERIFUL! I love the color tint. It's definitely more pigmented from this treatment than any other!

Additional commentary:
Now that I know my hair better, I am in a better position to provide you (informed) feedback on my experience.
  • I'm not sure how else to describe this, but my hair felt "hard" (not dry) when I initially rinsed the henna out
  • Overall my hair feels thicker (omg sooo sexy i cant stop touching itttt!!)
  • I was pleasantly surprised to notice that my hair was easier to detangle. I only needed to finger-comb it prior to twisting
  • No need for deep conditioning. Regular 5 minute conditioning was all I needed.
Quick Comparison Between Lush's Caca Rouge Henna and Henna for African Hair from Mehandi.com
  • Lush's Caca Rouge henna is grainy whereas HFAH is not. The henna for African hair is recommended on it's website for our hair texture specifically because it does not have a grainy texture and  is easier to wash out. 
  • Lush Caca Rouge has a very light "henna" smell to it. Whereas HFAH smells very strong and potent. I actually hated the smell when I used it. Caca Rouge's smell is tolerable and very subtle in comparison.
  • I like the lush henna more than the HFAH henna. I'm thinking this may be because the lush henna has moisturizing ingredients in it (for ex: cocoa butter) whereas the Jamila henna does not (it is not mixed with anything else). You will not need to compensate as much to condition your hair with the lush henna as much as you will with the mehandi henna. 
Check this post often guys. I'll be updating it over time. I have A LOT to mention here.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was just thinking, "I've got to help out us 4c's instead of complaining that we're underrepresented. I was looking for info on henna-ing 4c hair (every time I search that specifically I'm thinking "what am i doing, I'm not actually going to find anything!" but, alas, today I did!)
    Question: Did you use the Lush's Caca Rouge henna like the directions explain, or did you do something different? Been wanting to dye/condition my hair.
    Anyway, I also love my little coil-ies but haven't figured out what they like best other than SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie, which they love. I'm growing out a texturizer so its hard to tell (can't keep my hands out of those tight, glossy hydrated coils hiding in the crown of my head :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, love your eye makeup!!!!!!!!! And have you tried any other Henna products? Or just Mehandi before you tried Lush's Caca Rouge? I'm looking forward to trying to dye my hair, and I want to try henna because I don't want to damage my hair too much you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your hairstyle in the 7th pic. Do you have a tutorial for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! Your hair came out so nice...I planned to try the caca noir this weekend. Wish me luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henna can be used as a hair conditioner, hair color, hair softener or for any other hair treatment. Natural henna is basically available in the market as powder and paste. Henna and henna products are pronounced in different ways in different countries and regions.

    henna for hair color

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have your hair type and I'm having a hard time managing it especially when I have to get up early for work.
    I'm going to try this out. does the color come off afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I found this post!!!!! Been thinking of using this for a while. Might just do so now!

    Pursueinspire.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...